Monday, December 14, 2015

What do you use to create your art?


What do you use to create your art?

I frequently get asked how I create the various different pieces of artwork they see.  This is never an easy question for me to answer because people are rarely as specific as they need to be so I can give them an answer.  I create every thing from hand drawn cartoons to fine wood working in my shop.  So I have decided I will create a series of post dedicated to my process of creating digital art.

Alrighty then lets start off with the list of programs that I use on a frequent basis.

Autodesk Sketch Book Pro (there also is a tablet version of this that works very well)

I use this for almost all of my visual idea development.  It’s great for storyboarding, thumb nailing, doodling, coloring, and even some traditional style animation with its flipbook option.  The best part of it is that the subscription is very cheap at only a couple of buck a month or, if you are luck you can find the subscription at the right time of year for 50% off.  I got this year’s copy right around Thanks Giving for $15, normally it would have been $30.

Adobe CC

Adobes Creative Cloud subscription (The mother load of coolness)

Here is a quick list of the most common apps that I use out of this package.

Photoshop CC

Illustrator CC

Muse CC

Premiere Pro CC

After Effects CC

Flash Professional CC

Dreamweaver CC

InDesign CC

Plus there are a few cool other little apps that come with Adobe CC that are just fun to play with like Edge Animate CC, Adobe Character Animator, etc.

For $49.99 a month for the CC Adobe as made this subscription an absolute steal.  Furthermore, the subscription gives you the business catalyst feature which allows you to host up to 15 domain names on their servers, 1 gig of web space to host your site (which is a huge amount of space if you compress all your files right) and 30 gigs of bandwidth for those sites.

The hosting alongside of the CC subscription saves me the couple of dollars a month fee for hosting off the main web hosting sites such as godaddy.com or domain.com

Computers…

What plat form do I use to create; simple answer is whatever I have in front of me.  I have four laptops, running Mac OSX, Windows 10, and Linux (Ubuntu).  Which is the best?  Well that is like asking someone what kind of pizza do they like, you will won’t get a clear answer if you ask on any given day.

To wrap this up quick there are other apps and services that I use but I am just a tinker when it comes to them.

Remember to Scribble On and have a nice day.

www.scribblemation.com


No comments:

Post a Comment